Prep Time : 25 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 20 Minutes
Servings : 16
Tangy lemon complements the two types of ginger featured in a moist tube cake.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon cake mix
- 180 ml water
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 110 grams sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 170°C. Generously spray tube cake pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, sour cream, ground ginger and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 43 to 48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Place cooling rack or heatproof serving plate upside down on pan; turn rack and pan over. Remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, stir frosting ingredients until well blended. Spoon over cake. Store loosely covered.