Prep Time : 30 Minutes
Total Time : 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Servings : 12
Stack up some delicious fun with a birthday cake that’s super easy.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix (or any other flavor)
- Vegetable oil
- Eggs (called for on cake mix box)
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Premium vanilla frosting
- Yellow and red food colors
- Blue and green food colors
- 165 grams tropical flavor candy-coated fruit-flavored chewy candies or 225 grams candy-coated chocolate candies
- Heat oven to 180°C (170°C for dark or nonstick pans). Grease and flour bottom and side of 23cm round cake pan. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake batter as directed on box. Spread half of batter in round pan; spoon remaining batter into muffin cups. Bake as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, place 1 tablespoon frosting; stir in 2 drops yellow food color. In another small bowl, place 60 grams frosting, 3 drops yellow food color and 1 drop red food color; stir to make orange frosting.In third small bowl, place 110 grams frosting; stir in 7 drops blue food color. To remaining frosting in container, stir in 7 drops green food color.
- Trim off rounded top of cake layer; place on serving plate, cut side down. Frost top and side with green frosting. Frost 7 cupcakes with blue frosting, 4 cupcakes with orange frosting and 1 cupcake with yellow frosting. Place 1 blue cupcake on center of green frosted cake. Place remaining blue cupcakes, sides touching, in circle around center cupcake. Place 2 rows of 2 orange cupcakes on top center of blue cupcakes. Place yellow cupcake on top center. Press candies into frosting to decorate. Store loosely covered at room temperature.