Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting Cupcakes
Prep Time : 40 Minutes
Total Time : 3 Hours 35 Minutes
Servings : 12
Enjoy these chocolate cupcakes topped with vanilla frosting. A classic you can’t resist!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® chocolate fudge cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Premium vanilla frosting
- 150 grams white chocolate
- Chocolate Hearts
- 75 grams semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 180°C (170°C for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and eggs.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 45 seconds. Stir; if necessary, microwave in 15-second increments, stirring after each, until chips are melted and smooth.
- Cool 5 minutes. Stir in frosting until well blended. Immediately frost cupcakes, or pipe frosting on cupcakes.
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. In 1-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on Medium (50%) 30 seconds. Stir; microwave in 10-second increments, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Place chocolate in small resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to pipe 24 heart shapes on waxed paper. Refrigerate 10 minutes to set chocolate. Garnish each cupcake with a chocolate heart. Store loosely covered.