Cookies and Cream Cake
Prep Time : 15 Minutes
Total Time : 3 Hours 2 Minutes
Servings : 12
Chocolate sandwich cookies add crunch to the high and light texture of a step-saving cake.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, butter and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 3 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 1 container Betty Crocker® vanilla frosting
- 125 ml boiling water
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies, cut in half
- Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 180°C.
- Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Carefully fold crushed cookies into batter. Pour into ungreased tube pan.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until top is dark golden brown. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool. Remove from pan by gently pulling cake away from side of pan, using fingers, taking care not to tear cake (cake will spring back to original shape.)
- Beat frosting and boiling water on low speed for 30 seconds then on high speed 5 to 7 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake, and garnish with sandwich cookie halves.