Apple Caramel Cake
Prep Time : 20 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings : 12
Surprise! Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy frosting tops an easy cake that has yummy pockets of caramel.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® French Vanilla cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 250 grams caramel topping
- 1 container Betty Crocker® milk chocolate frosting
- 2 small red apples, cut into total of 12 wedges
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 85 grams caramel topping
- 25 grams chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 180°C (160°C for dark or nonstick pan).
- Make cake as directed on box for 33 x 23cm pan; cool 15 minutes. Poke holes halfway into cake every 5cm, using handle of wooden spoon; evenly pour 250 grams caramel topping over holes. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread frosting evenly over cake.
- Dip cut edges of apple wedges into orange juice to prevent browning; slightly pat dry. Dip uncut edges into 85 grams caramel topping; roll in nuts. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, place an apple wedge on each serving of cake. Store cake loosely covered; cover and refrigerate any remaining apple wedges.