Almond Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time : 30 Minutes
Total Time : 3 Hours
Servings : 8
When you’re celebrating a grown-up occasion, you deserve a grown-up cake. This beautiful creation uses Betty Crocker SuperMoist cake mix and pudding in both the cake and frosting.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® dark chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 75 ml vegetable oil
- 150 ml single cream
- 225 grams sour cream
- 225 grams butter, softened
- 110 grams cream cheese, softened
- 375 grams powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 110 grams dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 120 ml whipping cream
- 85 grams honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 35 grams sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 180°C (170°C for dark or nonstick pans). Spray 2 (23cm) round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat all cake ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until well blended. Pour batter into pans. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add powdered sugar, 125 grams at a time, beating until blended. Add1 teaspoon vanilla; beat until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate; spread with one-third of the frosting. Top with second layer. Frost side and top of cake with thin layer of frosting to seal in crumbs. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Frost cake with remaining frosting.
- Place chopped chocolate in small bowl. In small saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium heat until bubbles form around edge. Pour warm cream over chocolate; let stand 1 minute. Stir with whisk until chocolate is melted. Add honey and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Stir until smooth. Let stand 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour glaze on top of cake, letting some glaze drip down side. Sprinkle almonds around edge of cake. Store in refrigerator.