Fruit Salad Cream Sundaes
Prep Time : 20 Minutes
Total Time : 45 Minutes
Servings : 4
A light and refreshing dessert that will be the perfect finale to a rich meal.
- 75g granulated sugar
- 150ml water
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled, stone removed and flesh chopped
- 6 Medjool dates, halved, stoned and chopped
- 225g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 sachet (35g) Betty Crocker™ Homestyle Whipping Cream Mix
- 115ml cold milk
- 30g pistachios, finely chopped
- Small saucepan
- Heatproof bowl
- Electric mixer
- Medium bowl
- Heat the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Bring mixture to a boil. Simmer gently for 5 to 6 minutes until mixture thickens to a syrup. Pour into a heatproof bowl and stir in rose water; cool completely.
- Stir the chopped mango, dates and strawberries into the cooled syrup.
- Prepare whipping cream mix with milk according to package directions.
- Divide about 1/3 of the fruit mixture evenly between four large serving glasses. Top with half the whipped cream and half the chopped pistachios. Repeat the layers once more then top with the rest of the fruit mixture. Serve immediately.
- You can use any combination of fresh fruit for this dessert. Try peaches instead of mango or add a handful of blueberries or halved grapes.
- Prepare the fruit salad a few hours in advance and chill in the refrigerator, then assemble the sundaes just before serving.