Raspberry, Orange and Rose Loaf Cake
Prep Time : 45 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 45 Minutes
Servings : 16
The hidden raspberry layer in the center of the loaves is a treat for both adults and children alike!
- 1 box (500g) Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ White Cake Mix
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 275ml water
- 3 egg whites
- Zest of 1 orange
- 250g raspberry jam, heated until warm
- 1 sachet (35g) Betty Crocker™ Whipping Cream Mix
- 115ml cold milk
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water
- Fresh raspberries
- Dried rose petals
- 2 x 2lb loaf pans
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer or whisk
- Cooling rack
- Small bowl
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease two 2lb loaf pans with butter; lightly sprinkle with flour.
- Beat cake mix, oil, water and eggs in large bowl on low speed until moistened, then beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in orange zest. Divide cake mixture between 2 containers; pour two-thirds from one bowl into loaf pan, and two-thirds from other bowl into other loaf pan. Gently spoon 125g raspberry jam into each pan, spreading out in one even layer. Top with remaining cake mixtures.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans; remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream mix and cold milk in medium bowl as directed on package. Stir in rose water.
- Spread whipped cream onto each loaf cake. Decorate top with raspberries and dried rose petals. Cut into slices to serve.
- Alternatively use any jam you have in your cupboard.
- The cakes will keep 2 to 3 days wrapped in foil or in an airtight container. Spread with whipped cream just before serving.