Cinnamon and Vanilla Style Muhallebi with Caramel Walnut Brittle
Prep Time : 15 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 45 Minutes
Servings : 4
A gently spiced crème caramel finished with a crunchy walnut brittle and whipped cream.
- 575ml milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 sachet (49g) Betty Crocker™ Crème Caramel Mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Caramel Walnut Brittle
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g walnuts, chopped
- 1 sachet (35g) Betty Crocker™ Whipping Cream Mix
- 115ml cold milk
- Medium pan
- Wooden spoon
- 4 x 150ml molds/serving cups
- Baking shallow pan
- Large frying pan
- Medium bowl
- Electric mixer or whisk
- Heat milk and cinnamon stick to boiling in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add crème caramel mix; heat to boiling again with continuous stirring, ensuring powder has fully dissolved.
- Add vanilla; remove cinnamon stick.
- Brush oil in a shallow baking pan. Place sugar in large skillet. Place skillet over medium-high heat to melt sugar, swirling skillet occasionally to ensure it melts evenly – but do not stir, or it will crystallize. When sugar starts to turn golden, add walnuts. Stir briefly, then carefully pour onto oiled pan. Cool 10 minutes, then break into small pieces.
- Beat whipping cream mix and cold milk in medium bowl as directed on package.
- Gently run knife around sides of mold, and turn out onto plates to serve. Serve with brittle and whipped cream.
- Another way of ensuring the crème caramel comes out of the mold is to very quickly dip the bottom half of the mold into hot water. This heats the outside of the crème caramel up, so it slides out easily.
- You can serve the crème caramel in the molds or serving cups instead of turning out onto serving plates.