Sprinkle Layer Cake
Prep Time : 45 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours
Servings : 8
This mile-high creation looks like it just came fresh from the bakery, but it’s easy to create right in your home kitchen, using Betty Crocker SuperMoist party rainbow chip cake mix and fluffy white frosting.
- 2 boxes Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® French Vanilla cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 3 containers Betty Crocker® vanilla frosting
- Food color
- Candy sprinkles, as desired
- Heat oven to 180°C. Generously spray four 20 or 23cm round cake pans with baking spray with flour. Make cake batter as directed on boxes. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake as directed on box for 20 or 23cm rounds. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide frosting among bowls, and tint with food color as desired. You will need about half a container of frosting for between each of the layers and one and a half for the outside and top of the cake. Set the one and a half containers aside if you want to keep it white for the outside and top. Use whatever colors you desire for the 3 bowls of frosting for between the layers.
- Spread 1 tablespoon frosting on cake plate to act as glue. Place 1 cake layer on plate. Spread with half container of frosting. Repeat twice. Top with last layer. Frost outside and top of cake completely with the one and a half containers frosting.
- Immediately cover cake with sprinkles.