Chocolate malt and Almond cake
Prep Time : 50 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours
Servings : 12
Looking for a chocolate dessert? Then check out this delicious cake topped with malted milk balls.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ milk chocolate cake mix
- Vegetable Oil, Water, Eggs as called for on cake mix box.
- 1 Tub of Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate frosting
- 1 Tub of Chocolate Curls 80 grams
- 2 Packets of Malted milk ball candies
- 100 grams of flaked almonds
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Prepare two 23 cm cake tins. Lightly grease with a little oil and line the base with a circle of baking parchment.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together until smoth and creamy.Pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for between 23-28 minutes.Cool on a wire rack.
- Place the flaked almonds on a baking tray and place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Be careful to keep an eye on them as they need to be slightly browned. Leave to cool.
- Sandwich the cakes together with one third of the buttercream icing. Spread one third of the milk chocolate frosting around sides of the cake and press on the chocolate curls. Then spread the remaining third of the milk chocolate frosting on the top of the cake and finish with a palate knife using a paddle action.
- Arrange the malted milk ball candies on the top of the cake and surround each one with five almond flakes.