Prep Time : 25 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings : 8
Want a flavor adventure? Try Chai Cake and play the guessing game with guests.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® French Vanilla cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 190 grams powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 180°C. Line bottom and side of round pan with cooking parchment paper. Grease paper with shortening; lightly flour.
- In medium bowl, stir cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box, add cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in all remaining ingredients until smooth. Spread Chai Glaze over top of cooled cake, allowing some to drizzle down side. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.