Chocolate Caramel & Toffee Cake
Prep Time : 30 Minutes
Total Time : 1 Hour
Servings : 8
- 1 Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ milk chocolate cake
- Eggs, oil, and water are called for on cake box mix.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (425 grams)
- 1 jar caramel sauce (397 grams)
- 227 grams whipped topping
- 1 Chocolate candy bar, crushed, (85 grams)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Prepare chocolate cake batter according to the package directions by adding egg, oil, and water.
- Pour batter into a prepared 23x33-cm cake pan and bake as directed. Remove from oven when finished.
- While the cake is still hot, use a fork to pierce holes in the top. Since a warm cake tears easily, remember to work carefully.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and the caramel sauce. Gradually pour this mixture over the warm cake.
- To prepare caramel sauce, mix together brown sugar, cream, butter and salt in saucepan over a medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Turn off heat when finished.
- Allow cake to cool to room temperature, and then place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more to chill.
- When well chilled, remove cake and spread generously with whipped topping. Then, sprinkle with the crushed candy bar.