Chocolate, Coffee, Pistachio and Custard Pudding
Prep Time : 40 Minutes
Total Time : 5 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings : 12
A layered cake, crème caramel and cream dish is great to serve with lots of friends and family around.
- 1 box (500g) Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 275ml strong black coffee, cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1150ml milk
- 2 sachets (49g each) Betty Crocker™ Crème Caramel Mix
- 2 sachets (35g each) Betty Crocker™ Whipping Cream Mix
- 230ml cold milk
- 75g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 23cm round cake pan
- Electric mixer or whisk
- Large bowls
- Cooling rack
- Medium pan
- Wooden spoon
- Large heatproof bowl
- 3 liter glass serving dish
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 23cm round cake pan with butter; lightly sprinkle with flour.
- Beat cake mix, oil, water, coffee and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Heat 1150ml milk to boiling in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add crème caramel mixes; heat to boiling again, stirring constantly, until powder has fully dissolved. Transfer to heatproof bowl; cool 30 minutes.
- Break cooled cake into pieces; place in 3-liter serving dish. Pour crème caramel over cake; let stand 30 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about 2 hours or until set.
- Beat whipping cream mixes and 230ml cold milk in large bowl as directed on package.
- Spread whipped cream on top of pudding; sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.
- The addition of grated orange peel in the cake mixture would bring an extra zing to this delicious dish.
- Add a layer of sliced fresh fruit, such as strawberries, mango or oranges to the pudding before topping with whipped cream, if desired.