Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cake
Prep Time : 15 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours
Servings : 16
Strawberry cake is jam-packed with flavor from tangy strawberry gelatin to rich chocolate frosting.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- 1 Box (4-serving size) strawberry-flavored gelatin, Water, vegetable oil and whole eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 Pint (2 cups) medium-large strawberries (18 to 20 strawberries)
- ½ Cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 Teaspoon shortening or vegetable oil
Filling and Frosting
- 1 Cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 Container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy milk chocolate frosting
- Preheat the oven to 177 ° C (163 ° C for dark or non-sticky molds). Grease with oil and sprinkle a little flour on the bottom and sides of two round cake molds 23 cm or sprinkle with cooking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, mix cake and gelatin mixture. Add water, oil and eggs and whisk with an electric whisk on a low speed for 30 seconds, then on a medium speed for two minutes. Occasionally scraps the bowl. Pour the mixture into the two molds.
- Bake for 28 to 33 minutes or until a toothpick enters the center and comes out clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes. Take out the cake from the two molds and place it on the cooling base. Leave to cool completely for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, strawberries are gently washed and dried with a paper towel (strawberries must be dry). The baking tray is covered with waxed paper. In a capacity of 0.95 ml, pour the white vanilla beans into bread and margarine on low heat and stir the mixture constantly. Lift the pot away from the fire. Dip the strawberry tip with a mixture of vanilla pills. Leave the excess in the pot. Strawberries are placed on a baking tray lined with waxed leaves. Put it in the fridge until the mixture becomes frozen for 30 minutes or until the time of cake delivery.
- Cut each cake horizontally so that there are four layers on the whole. Lay the top layer on the serving plate with its split surface to the top and apply with a third of a cup of jam. Lay the bottom cake layer with its split surface to the bottom and paint a third of a cup of jam. Add the second cake top layer with its split surface to the top and apply with a third of the remaining cup of jam. Add the remaining cake layer, and decorate the cake surface and edges with icing cream. Drain the strawberry dipped along the surface of the cake and keep it covered in the refrigerator.