Dark Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cake
Prep Time : 25 Minutes
Total Time : 5 Hours 30 Minutes
Servings : 8
The romance of chocolate-covered strawberries serve as the inspiration for our chocolate-covered strawberry cake made from Betty Crocker SuperMoist white cake mix, strawberry-flavored gelatin and dark chocolate frosting.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 1 box strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 425 grams frozen strawberries, thawed, pureed
- 4 eggs
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 60 ml water
- 2 containers Betty Crocker® Premium chocolate frosting
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease bottom and sides of 2 (23cm) round cake pans with shortening, or spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin mix with whisk. With electric mixer, beat in pureed strawberries on medium speed. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add oil and water; beat about 2 minutes or until smooth. Divide batter evenly between cake pans.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 20 minutes. Carefully invert cakes onto cooling racks. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Refrigerate cooled cakes 4 hours or overnight to make icing the cake easier.
- Place 1 cake, right side up, on serving plate. Spread frosting on top of cake. Place second cake layer, upside down, on top of frosted cake. Spread frosting over top and sides to completely cover cake. (You may not need all of second container of frosting.) Garnish cake with fresh strawberries.