Triple Strawberry Cake
Prep Time : 40 Minutes
Total Time : 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings : 12
The star of this beautiful cake is the fresh strawberry double cream frosting that’s bursting with summer flavor.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ milk chocolate cake mix
- Vegetable Oil, Water, Eggs as called for on cake mix box.
- 800 grams Fresh Strawberries
- 50 grams Shelled Pistachio nuts (chopped)
- 800 ml of Double Cream
- A few drops of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons of strawberry jam
- 3 Tablespoons of Apricot Glaze or Sieved apricot jam
- Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C Fan assisted ovens). Prepare two 23 cm cake tins. Lightly grease with a little oil and line the base with a circle of baking parchment.
- Mix the eggs, oil, water and cake mix gently together until smooth and creamy. Pour the cake mixture evenly into your two greased cake tins.
- Bake for between 23-28 minutes. Cool on wire rack. When cool, level the cakes with a large serrated knife.
- Rinse, hull and halve 400 grams strawberries, try and make sure they are all the same height. Place a strip of acetate plastic around the inside of the 23 cm springform tin. Place one layer of sponge cake in the bottom of the cake tin.
- Spread the strawberry jam on top of the sponge with a spoon. Then place the cut sides of the cut strawberries against the plastic on the inside of the tin.
- Whip the cream and spoon half into the middle of the cake. Gradually spread outwards, taking care to keep the strawberries in their place. Place the other disc of sponge on the top of this. Spread some of the cream over the top and then with the remainder fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Place some whole strawberries on the top of the cake and pipe rosettes alternatively around the edge.
- Put the apricot glaze/jam in a pan with a tablespoon of water and gently heat. Leave to cool and then brush over the whole strawberries. Sprinkle with chopped pistachio nuts.