Chocolate-Mint Swirl Cake
Prep Time : 20 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Servings : 16
From Betty’s Collection… This rich, decadent cake combines two favorite flavors. The minty glaze is—you guessed it—icing on the cake!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® chocolate fudge cake mix
- 40 grams all-purpose flour
- 250 ml water
- 110 grams butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 170 grams cream cheese, softened
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3 drops green food color
Chocolate and Mint Glaze
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 125 grams powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon mint essence
- 1 or 2 drops green food color
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 to 4 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 170°C. Grease and flour tube cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour. In small bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on high speed until smooth and fluffy. Beat in granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 egg, and 3 drops food color until smooth; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, flour, water, the butter and 2 eggs on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan. Spoon cream cheese filling over batter.
- Bake 44 to 52 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto cooling rack or heatproof plate; remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In 1-liter saucepan, heat chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted; set aside. For glaze, mix powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon mint essence, 1 to 2 drops food color, the corn syrup and enough of the 3 to 4 teaspoons water to make a thick glaze that can be easily drizzled. Drizzle over cake. Immediately spoon melted chocolate over glaze in 1cm wide ring. Working quickly, pull toothpick through chocolate to make swirls. Refrigerate until serving time. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.