Fudge Cake with Cashew-Caramel Sauce
Prep Time : 40 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours
Servings : 16
Pieces of rich chocolate cake are topped with a creamy caramel sauce loaded with buttery cashews.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® chocolate fudge cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 220 grams brown sugar
- 120 ml heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 75 grams cashew halves
- Heat oven to 180°C (160°C for dark or nonstick pan). Grease and lightly flour cake pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- Make and bake cake as directed on box for fluted tube pan. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the brown sugar, heavy whipping cream and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Stir in cashews.
- Serve slices of warm cake topped with warm cashew-caramel sauce. Store cake loosely covered. Cover and refrigerate any remaining caramel sauce.