Prep Time : 35 Minutes
Total Time : 3 Hours 15 Minutes
Servings : 12
You can’t go wrong with this tempting special-occasion masterpiece. At its heart–raspberries and cream sandwiched between luscious layers of Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® chocolate fudge cake.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® chocolate fudge cake mix
- 80 grams semisweet chocolate chips
- 250 ml water
- 110 grams butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 750 ml whipping cream
- 40 grams powdered sugar
- 225 grams fresh raspberries
- 110 grams seedless raspberry jam
- 225 grams chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 180°C (160°C for dark or nonstick pan). Grease and lightly flour bottoms and sides of two 20cm or 23cm round pans.
- In small bowl, toss 80 grams chocolate chips with a spoonful of dry cake mix. In large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, water, butter and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in coated chocolate chips; pour into pans.
- Bake as directed on box for 20cm or 23cm rounds. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around side of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Refrigerate layers 45 minutes for easier handling.
- In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. In medium bowl, gently stir together 150 grams of the raspberries and the preserves; fold in half of the whipped cream.
- Trim off rounded top of one layer. Slice each cake layer in half horizontally to make a total of 4 layers. Reserve untrimmed top layer. Place 1 layer, cut side up, on serving plate; spread with about 1/3 of the raspberry-cream mixture. Repeat with second and third layers. Top with reserved cake layer, cut side down. Frost side and top of cake with remaining whipped cream. Arrange remaining raspberries over top of cake. Press chocolate chips into side of cake. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.