Lemon Velvet Cream Cake
Prep Time : 15 Minutes
Total Time : 3 Hours 2 Minutes
Servings : 12
Whipped cream and cream cheese create a dreamy frosting and filling for a mix-easy lemon cake.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ lemon cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 package (85 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cups whipping cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Lemon twist, if desired
- Heat oven to 177°C (163°Cfor dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms only of two 20- or 23-cmround cake pans with shortening (do not use cooking spray).
- Make, bake and cool cake as directed on box for 20- or 23-cmrounds. Refrigerate layers 45 minutes for easier handling.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and 1 tablespoon lemon peel with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in whipping cream and powdered sugar. Beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until stiff peaks form.
- Slice each cake layer in half horizontally to make a total of 4 layers. (To cut, mark side of cake with toothpicks and cut with long, thin knife.) Fill each layer with 1/2 cup whipped cream mixture. Frost side and top of cake with remaining whipped cream mixture. Garnish with additional lemon twist. Store covered in refrigerator.