Molten Chocolate Cupcakes
Prep Time : 30 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours
Servings : 24
Known also as “lava cakes,” molten cakes are the answer to the most decadent chocolate craving. Here’s an easy version using cake mix.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Premium chocolate frosting
- 180 ml whipping cream
- 225 grams semisweet chocolate chips
- 310 ml water
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- Powdered sugar
- Sliced strawberries
- In 1-liter saucepan, heat whipping cream over medium-high heat until hot but not boiling. Stir in chocolate chips until melted and mixture is smooth. Refrigerate about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour 24 large muffin cups (dark or nonstick pans not recommended). In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl constantly. Place 60 grams batter in each muffin cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon cold chocolate mixture on top of batter in center of each cup.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool 1 minute. Carefully remove from pan; place on cooking parchment paper. Cool 10 minutes. Frost with chocolate frosting. Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Garnish with strawberry slices. Serve warm. Store loosely covered.