Saffron, Cardamom and Rose Crème Caramel
Prep Time : 15 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 30 Minutes
Servings : 4
Quick and simple, you can prepare these little desserts ahead of time.
- 6 saffron strands
- 2 teaspoons hot milk
- 1 sachet (49g) Betty Crocker™ Crème Caramel Mix
- 575ml milk
- 3 cardamom pods, lightly crushed, seeds removed and ground
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water
- 1 sachet (35g) Betty Crocker™ Whipping Cream Mix
- 115ml cold milk
- Dried rose petals
- Medium pan
- Wooden spoon
- 4 x 150ml capacity molds/serving cups
- Medium bowl
- Electric or hand held mixer
- Place saffron strands in small bowl with 2 teaspoons hot milk. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place 575ml milk into a medium pan and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Add the crème caramel mix. Return to a boil stirring continuously to ensure the powder has fully dissolved. Stir in the saffron milk, cardamom and rose water.
- Pour the mixture carefully into 4 (150ml capacity) heatproof molds or serving cups. Cool 15 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate 2 hours or until fully set.
- Beat whipping cream mix and cold milk in medium bowl as directed on package.
- Gently run a knife around the sides of each mold and turn out onto servings plates or serve in serving cups. Sprinkle with dried rose petals. Serve with the whipping cream.
- Another way of ensuring the crème caramel comes out of the mold is to very quickly dip the mold in hot water.
- The crème caramel should then slide out. You can serve the crème caramel in the molds or serving cups instead of turning out.