Strawberry and White Chocolate Cake
Prep Time : 40 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 5 Minutes
Servings : 16
Put a spectacular spin on strawberry shortcake with a buttercream frosting featuring rich white chocolate.
- ½ box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® French Vanilla cake mix
- 125 ml water
- 45 grams butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- 1 egg
Filling and Topping
- 225 grams white chocolate baking bars or squares, chopped
- 30 grams butter, cut into pieces, softened
- 150 whipping cream
- 300 grams fresh whole strawberries, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 180°C (170°C for dark or nonstick pan). Lightly grease and flour bottom and side of a 20cm round cake pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, butter, the almond oil and egg with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake as directed on box for 20cm round cake pans. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place white chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter in medium metal bowl. In 1-litersaucepan, heat whipping cream over medium heat just to boiling. Immediately pour hot cream over white chocolate and butter. Let stand about 5 minutes or until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred. Let stand until room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Beat cooled white chocolate mixture on high speed until fluffy.
- Cut cake horizontally in half, using long, sharp knife. On serving plate, place 1 layer, cut side up. Spread with half of the filling; top with half of the strawberries. Add remaining cake layer, cut side down. Spread remaining filling over top of cake; top with remaining strawberries. Store covered in refrigerator.