Yellow Anise Cake
Prep Time : 20 Minutes
Total Time : 1 Hour
Servings : 10
- 1 Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- Eggs, oil, and water called for on cake mix box
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon anise extract
- Betty Crocker frosting
- 1 tablespoon ground anise
- Combine all cake ingredients. Mix at medium speed until smooth, and then add vanilla and anise. Pour into greased 20 or 23-cm tube pan, and bake in 180°C oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and set aside to cool on a wire rack. When the tins are cool enough to touch, gently release the cakes and return them to the wire rack, removing the base and parchment paper. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare frosting by mixing Betty Crocker frosting with ground anise. Spread frosting on cake and top with multi-colored sprinkles.