Creamy Caramel Cheesecake
Prep Time : 20 Minutes
Total Time : 5 Hours 5 Minutes
Servings : 16
Savor every last drizzle of caramel and crunchy pecans on creamy cheesecake!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® Strawberry Cheesecake mix
- Butter and milk called for on cheesecake mix box
- 220 grams brown sugar
- 120 ml heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Walnut or almond halves
- Blend the biscuit crumb with melted butter. Us an 18cm or a 20cm loose-base round tin and press the crumb mixture with the back of a spoon. Cool in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Beat the pudding mix with the milk in a large bowl for 2 minutes until thick and creamy. Spread on top of the biscuit base and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Omit the strawberry topping for this recipe. Mix the brown sugar, heavy whipping cream and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further.
- Drizzle caramel topping over cheesecake. Garnish with walnut halves. Store covered in the refrigerator.