Fudge Cream Cheese Cake
Prep Time : 30 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 15 Minutes
Servings : 15
Pockets of sweet cream cheese bake in a rich chocolate cake slathered with fudgy frosting. Yum!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow or chocolate cake mix
- 180 ml hot water
- 180 ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 225 grams cream cheese, softened
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- 75 grams chocolate chips
- 70 grams chopped nuts
- 1 container Betty Crocker® vanilla or chocolate frosting
- Heat oven to 180°C (170°C for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x23cm pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1 egg with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon filling by tablespoonfuls evenly over top of batter.
- Using table knife, swirl filling through batter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 47 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Spread frosting over cake. Store covered in refrigerator.