Ginger Cake with Caramel-Apple Topping
Prep Time : 15 Minutes
Total Time : 1 Hour
Servings : 15
Whole wheat flour makes a better-for-you addition to this updated ginger cake. The creamy yogurt topping is like the icing on the cake, it’s the best part!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® milk chocolate cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- Lemon juice
- 120 grams caramel topping
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour 23cm square pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix with water, vegetable oil and eggs. Stir in spices and half of the chopped apple. Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle lemon juice over remaining apple; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Serve with caramel topping mixture and remaining chopped apple.