Pecan, Cinnamon and Raisin Umm Ali
Prep Time : 30 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 35 Minutes
Servings : 10
The soft gooey bottom of this dish is hidden underneath an gorgeously crisp and golden topping with chewy raisins and crunchy pecan nuts.
- 1 box (500g) Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Vanilla Cake Mix
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 230ml water
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g pecans, chopped
- 100g raisins
- 1 can (397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 400ml water
- 1 sachet (35g) Betty Crocker™ Whipping Cream Mix
- 115ml cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 15g pistachios, chopped
- 23cm round loose-based cake pan or spring form pan at least 7cm deep
- Large bowl
- Cooling rack
- Small pan
- Medium bowl
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease 23cm round loose-based cake pan or spring form pan at least 7cm deep with butter; sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Beat cake mix, oil, water and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into cake pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen cake; remove from the pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Place sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Beat whipping cream mix and cold milk in medium bowl as directed on package.
- Break the cake into pieces and place into a buttered 2 liter baking dish. Sprinkle with the pecans and raisins. Pour the cinnamon mixture over the cake. Spread whipping cream evenly over top.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, uncovered, or until the cream begins to turn golden brown. Serve warm, dusted with powdered sugar.
- Use whatever combination of nuts and fruits you prefer.
- Serve topped with additional whipped cream and fresh fruit of your choice.