Raspberry Vanilla Cake
Prep Time : 25 Minutes
Total Time : 2 Hours 50 Minutes
Servings : 16
Multiple layers of raspberry and raspberry buttercream make this cake a showstopper. For a stunning cake of your own, just follow a few simple techniques!
- 1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® French Vanilla cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 250 grams raspberry jam
- 1 container Betty Crocker® vanilla frosting
- Pink food color
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease bottoms and sides of three (23cm) round cake pans; lightly flour.
- Make cake as directed on box and pour evenly into pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, beat vanilla frosting with 5 drops of pink food coloring; set aside.
- Cut each cake horizontally to make 2 layers. (Mark side of cake with toothpicks and cut with long, thin serrated knife.) Place 1 layer, cut side up, on serving plate; spread with 75 grams raspberry jam to within 1/2cm of edge. Top with another layer, cut side down; spread with 75 grams frosting. Repeat with remaining layers.
- Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting. Pipe frosting on top of cake. Garnish with fresh raspberries. Store loosely covered.