Strawberries and Cream Cake
Prep Time : 15 Minutes
Total Time : 1 Hour 35 Minutes
Servings : 15
White cake is an attractive contrast to the vivid strawberry syrup stripes. Get ready for recipe requests!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- 310 ml whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 250 grams sliced fresh strawberries
- 100 grams white sugar
- 120 ml water
- 225 grams frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 450 grams fresh whole strawberries, sliced
- 85 grams strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Lime peel twists
- Heat oven to 180°C (170°C for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 13x23cm pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, whipping cream, oil and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes.
- While cake is baking, add sliced strawberries, sugar, and water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Allow to simmer about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and puree in a blender until smooth. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- When cake is cooled, poke the whole cake with a fork or a table knife. Pour 150ml of the strawberry syrup slowly over cake, allowing syrup to fill holes in cake. Cool completely, about 35 minutes longer.
- Spread whipped topping over cake. In medium bowl, gently mix strawberries, jam and sugar. Top each serving with strawberry mixture; garnish with lime peel twist. Store covered cake and strawberry mixture separately in refrigerator.