- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® milk chocolate cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- Lemon juice
- 120 grams caramel topping
Whole wheat flour makes a better-for-you addition to this updated ginger cake. The creamy yogurt topping is like the icing on the cake, it's the best part!
Heat oven to 180°C. Grease and flour 23cm square pan.
In large bowl, beat cake mix with water, vegetable oil and eggs. Stir in spices and half of the chopped apple. Pour batter into pan. Sprinkle lemon juice over remaining apple; cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Serve with caramel topping mixture and remaining chopped apple.
Back to Top