Luscious Mandarin Orange Cake
Prep Time : 10 Minutes
Total Time : 1 Hour 55 Minutes
Servings : 20
The juicy deliciousness of Mandarin oranges paired with the classic Supermoist Yellow Cake mix.
This light and fluffy cake with a modern twist to a classic dessert.
- 1 Box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- ½ Cup vegetable oil
- ½ Cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- 1 Can (312grams) mandarin orange segments, drained (reserve 1/3 cup liquid)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Can (567grams) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 Box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- ½ to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, if desired
- 1 Cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- Heat oven to177°C (163°C for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or lightly spray bottom only of 33x23-cm pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, walnuts, orange segments, reserved 1/3 cup orange liquid, and eggs with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To make pineapple frosting, stir together pineapple, dry pudding mix and orange peel. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on cake. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.